What are the Membership categories?
The Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies has five defined membership categories.
- Governmental Members
- Regional Association Members
- Contributing Members
- Associate Members
- Life Members
All applications for AFWA Membership are subject to the approval of the Executive Committee.
What is the cost of Membership?
There are no initiation fees, but all members of the Association pay specific, category-level dues annually.
When are Membership fees due?
The Association’s membership year is January through December. Annual dues are invoiced in early October. If dues aren’t paid in full by January 1, the member may lose voting privileges. For new members, dues are payable for the remaining calendar year and thereafter, an invoice will be sent in October.
Has my Membership been renewed?
Your membership is renewed upon payment of annual dues. If you have paid your dues, but continue to receive renewal notices; contact the Association at email@example.com to confirm your status.
How do I report a change of address?
Changes to your member profile may be sent to the Association by email, fax or mail:
Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies
1100 First Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
You may also speak with an AFWA representative by calling 202- 838-3474.
Are Memberships transferable?
Individual memberships are non-transferable.
Do you offer gift Memberships?
Thank a colleague, mark a special occasion or for any reason, you can give a gift Associate Membership to an individual. Membership qualifications apply. If you would like to pledge a gift Membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Can I contribute to the Association in other ways besides Membership?
Yes, you can make a donation to America’s Wildlife Association for Resource Education (AWARE), AFWA’s 501 (c)3 foundation. One hundred percent of contributions to AWARE go to help educate children and adults about conservation and professional fish and wildlife management.
If you have additional questions about AFWA Membership, email email@example.com or call 202-838-3474.
What are the voting privileges for each membership category?
- Govermnmental Members: full privileges
- Regional Association Members: The President of each regional association holding membership in the Association or another director from that regional association that he or she so designates shall serve as an ex officio, voting member of the Executive Committee, and shall be primarily responsible for coordinating activities of the regional association with those of the Association.
- Associate Members: Associate members shall have all the privileges of the Association, except that of membership on Committees and of voting when a vote by official governmental member representatives is requested by the Chair of the Committee.
- Life Members: Life members shall have all of the privileges of the Association, except that of membership on Committees and of voting when a vote by official governmental member representatives is requested by the Chair of the Committee.
- Contributing Members: Contributing members shall have all the privileges of the Association, except that of voting when a vote by official governmental member representatives is requested by the Chair of the Committee.