Recognition of outstanding work is very important as all too often, it isn't acknowledged. AFWA’s Awards program allows the Association to assist you in celebrating outstanding achievement by your employees. A nomination in itself is a statement of recognition and worth the effort!
How to Nominate
Following is a complete description of award criteria for all Governmental, Affiliate and Contributing Members. The nomination period for AFWA's 2022 Annual Awards is now OPEN. Deadline to submit nominations was COB July 1, 2022.
- The Seth Gordon Award, the Association's highest honor, is conferred on Administrators who have worked steadfastly and effectively for the best use of North American natural resources in the public trust and for contributions to the programs of the Association. Nomination Criteria
- The John L. Morris Award recognizes lifetime commitment to fish and wildlife stewardship by citizen conservationists who have exhibited exemplary leadership at the highest level and demonstrated a steadfast commitment to large scale natural resource challenges. Nomination Criteria
- The Ernest Thompson Seton Award is given to the state, provincial or federal agency which has best promoted a public awareness of the need to support the science and practice of wildlife management. A companion award is also presented to the individual deemed by the agency as the one most responsible for its successful and award-winning program. Nomination Criteria
- The Boone and Crockett Award is sponsored by the Boone and Crockett Club and awarded to a state, territorial or provincial agency for outstanding achievement in promoting and encouraging outdoor ethics. A companion award is given to the individual who has been the prime mover in the recognized program. Nomination Criteria
- The Mark J. Reeff Award recognizes a distinguished young professional under the age of 35 for outstanding service in the conservation of fish and wildlife resources. Nomination Criteria
- The Private Lands Fish and Wildlife Stewardship Award honors an individual- or family-run farm, ranch or forest operation that has incorporated proactive conservation and environmental protective measures. Nomination Criteria
- The Stephen Kellert Award recognizes a distinguished individual or group effort for outstanding service in advancing connections between humans and the natural world to all peoples in a diverse and inclusive manner. Nomination Criteria
- The Gary Taylor Award recognizes a distinguished individual for outstanding achievement in the field of public conservation policy, specifically related to state fish and wildlife agency jurisdiction over fish and wildlife management. Nomination Criteria
- The Conservation Law Enforcement Award recognizes exceptional achievement in fish and wildlife resource enforcement. Nomination Criteria
- Special Recognition Awards and Honorary Life Memberships are given to individuals who have a distinguished record of accomplishment. Nomination Criteria
- The Association pays tribute to wildlife professionals, Fallen Heroes, who have lost their lives while carrying out their duties to enforce conservation laws and regulations and manage fish and wildlife resources within the past year. Nomination Criteria
AFWA Staff Contact
Annual Awards Information