Work Group Charge
- To inform State, Provincial, and Territorial fish and wildlife agency directors of policy developments affecting conservation at an international (i.e., through CITES) scale.
- To formulate and advocate for policy positions reflecting the interests of State, Provincial and Territorial fish and wildlife agencies in international forums.
- To formulate and advocate for federal policies (e.g., U.S. and Canadian) that reflect State, Provincial, and Territorial fish and wildlife agency interests.
- To provide biological and administrative information to assist the federal governments in executing their international responsibilities.
- To minimize unnecessary oversight and restrictions to State, Provincial and Territorial fish and wildlife agency authority as a result of policies adopted under international conventions (i.e., CITES).
- To support sustainable use principles and the tenets of the North American Model internationally.
CITES Standing Committee Report March 2022
Technical WG Report of the 2021 CITES Meetings
CITES Outreach and Education
CITES Turtle Webinar Background Presentation
CITES Turtle Webinar State Overview
Turtle Trade Case Study
Bobcat Case Study
Paddlefish Case Study
American Alligator Case Study
CITES Technical Work Group Overview
International Treaties Overview
Wild Fur Identification Manual
AFWA Staff Contact
Work Group Members
Scott Buchanan - Northeast Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Carolyn Caldwell - Midwest Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Buddy Baker - Southeastern Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Stewart Liley - Western Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies