1. Contact Deb Hahn or Jim DeVos
2. Discuss internally how work in Mexico, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean contributes to the conservation work you are doing in the state on priority species.
3. Consider where you might participate - Look at current and past Southern Wings projects, consult with the Southern Wings Technical Committee, and consult resources on wintering grounds connections such as the Partners in Flight breeding and nonbreeding connections maps. www.partnersinflight.org/pubs/ts/04-Connections/default.HTM
4. Consider how much you can contribute.
5. Develop a Cooperative Agreement with a Regional Association or US NGO partner, if needed
6. Assign a staff member to the Technical Committee.
AFWA Staff Contact